TOPIC: Hi from Argentina

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 week ago #2698

• polgoz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone, Im Pol from Argentina. Great app guys.

I have a BMW 328i E46. It has 193CV and 280nm of torque on stock data sheet.
Early this year I went to a dyno and the results spend 202hp cranck and 180WHP.
From this moment till now I replace severals parts (all stock parts) feeling a strong bump, so I decide use the app to check numbers today.
I get 200 WHP... and 231 hp cranck.
I would like to know how real could it be and what is the percentage of loss calculated to the wheels.

network.perfexpert-app.com/results/wZHFxMATMc

Thanks in advance!

Pol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 week ago #2700

• DanGTZ
  • Administrateur
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi polgoz,
Welcome to the support forum.
Can you post the chassis dyno sheet please?
To be sure if the accuracy of your results, you must check the following :
- Always accelerate up the rev limiter when doing measurement
- Note the rev limit you see on the rev counter (tachometer) of your car and check if the PerfExpert result provide the same value within 50rpm
- Make sure you get consistent results across multiple measurements
- Make sure all your car profile parameters are accurate
The following user(s) said Thank You: polgoz

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 week ago #2701

• polgoz
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Dan, there is attached the dyno sheet from Febrary.

- Always accelerate up the rev limiter when doing measurement
YES

- Note the rev limit you see on the rev counter (tachometer) of your car and check if the PerfExpert result provide the same value within 50rpm
My tachometer tops to 7000 rpm and all the shoots I made in 2nd shift was till cut.
network.perfexpert-app.com/results/wZHFxMATMc
As you can see in this attempt in 3th shift ( network.perfexpert-app.com/results/Tf7i8cp2Ec ), HP's are in the bad way because I cut the gas over 5000 rpm (no long road enough), and the app still measure till i breake ..but the results over 4800rpm looks fine.So, same question here.. whats is first for the app.. calculate motor HP or Wheel HP?

- Make sure you get consistent results across multiple measurements
Attached a pic of all my measuremnts in 2nd a 3th shift. All the same place and distances.

- Make sure all your car profile parameters are accurate
YES

Thanks for your help.
P
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by polgoz.

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 week ago #2702

• DanGTZ
  • Administrateur
Thanks for the attachements.

Sorry but the chassis dyno sheet is not readable at all.

When I say to note the rev limit on the rev counter, I mean that you have to check the rpm value at which there is the fuel cut (i.e. the max rpm value).

I don't understand your question about wheel/engine hp : PerfExpert calculate the "net hp" from the car acceleration, that is neither the engine hp nor the wheel hp. And then wheel and engine hp are calculated by taking into account different losses factors.

Regarding consistency : I can see on the screenshot you provided that results are not consistent at all for you. You can't say what result PerfExpert provide to you as almost each result are different.

Can you check this :

1 - For each measurement, did you completely stop the car (0 Mph) before pressing the START button?

2 - Does the road portion you chose for your test is straight, horizontal, and flat (no ripple or bump), from the point you stop the car to hit START, to the point the measurement stops?

3 - Did you make sure the car is already well aligned with the direction of the test road portion when you hit the START button?

4 - Did you make sure you don't change at all the car direction (slightly turning the steering wheel) during the measurement?

5 - What phone mounting do you use? Can you post a picture of the phone mounted inside the car?

We must first focus on the inconsistency problem. To check consistency, simply check the max speed (and so max rpm) values on all your results. They must all be within 1%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: polgoz

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 week ago #2703

• polgoz
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry but the chassis dyno sheet is not readable at all.
YES, IS A CRAP. I SHARE IT TO YOU JUST TO SEE THE RIGHT SIDE NUMBERS.

When I say to note the rev limit on the rev counter, I mean that you have to check the rpm value at which there is the fuel cut (i.e. the max rpm value).
ROGER THAT. FUEL CUT IS AT 6500RPM

I don't understand your question about wheel/engine hp : PerfExpert calculate the "net hp" from the car acceleration, that is neither the engine hp nor the wheel hp. And then wheel and engine hp are calculated by taking into account different losses factors.
YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION. IM STILL INTERESTED IN KNOW HOW LOSSES ARE CALCULATED.

Regarding consistency : I can see on the screenshot you provided that results are not consistent at all for you. You can't say what result PerfExpert provide to you as almost each result are different.
IN THE SCREENSHOT I SHARE TO YOU, RESULTS FOR 2ND AND 3TH ARE MIXED IN ORDER. ALL RELATED TO 2ND SHIFT ARE AROUND 190/195 WHP. I TAKE THIS LIKE CONSISTANT. MY BAD.

Can you check this :

1 - For each measurement, did you completely stop the car (0 Mph) before pressing the START button?
YES ABSOLUTELY.

2 - Does the road portion you chose for your test is straight, horizontal, and flat (no ripple or bump), from the point you stop the car to hit START, to the point the measurement stops?
NOT AT ALL. STRIGHT ENOUGH FOR MY THINKING AT THIS MOMENT. MY BAD 2. NEW SPOT SHOULD BE NECESSARY.

3 - Did you make sure the car is already well aligned with the direction of the test road portion when you hit the START button?
YES, BUT THE PATH HAS A SOFT CURVE, AND NOT HORIZONTAL ALL THE WAY.

4 - Did you make sure you don't change at all the car direction (slightly turning the steering wheel) during the measurement?
IM SHURE THAT I DID IT IN A WRONG WAY.

5 - What phone mounting do you use? Can you post a picture of the phone mounted inside the car?
AS THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME OF APP USE, I DONT USE ANY MOUNTING. IS AN IPHONE 6 PLUS OVER THE PASSENGER SEAT WELL SUPPORTED TO THE SEAT BACKING. IT DIDNT MOVE, BUT I WILL TRY WITH THE BOX RECOMENDATION NEXT TRY.

We must first focus on the inconsistency problem. To check consistency, simply check the max speed (and so max rpm) values on all your results. They must all be within 1%.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOR PATIENCE AND HELP. I WILL BACK WITH NEW MEASURES TO CHECK CONSISTENCES.

P

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 week ago #2704

• polgoz
  • Fresh Boarder
Be side your points, I have to clear doubts about my car setup to be sure to make this ok next time.

Wheel dimensionss: I have bi sized setup front= 225/45/17 rear= 245/40/17. What should I use?

Pitch: I have sport factory suspension with bilstein B6 Heavy Duty shocks. Hard ones. I choose 2G, its ok?

When I was running the dyno tests last time, I notice that the rev counter in the app become active before minimum rev setting are reached. Is this mormal? Or should I modify the "timed run trigger"? Revs shown in app counter should be correlative to the revs of the car? if yes, I have an issue here.

thanks
P
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by polgoz.

Hi from Argentina 1 month 1 day ago #2706

• DanGTZ
  • Administrateur
polgoz wrote:
Wheel dimensionss: I have bi sized setup front= 225/45/17 rear= 245/40/17. What should I use?
You must put the driven wheels size. In your case, the rear wheels ones.
polgoz wrote:
Pitch: I have sport factory suspension with bilstein B6 Heavy Duty shocks. Hard ones. I choose 2G, its ok?
3°/G is for stock sport cars, and 2°/G is for stiff coilovers setup. In your case, I would use either 3°/G or something between 2.5°/G and 3°/G.
polgoz wrote:
When I was running the dyno tests last time, I notice that the rev counter in the app become active before minimum rev setting are reached. Is this mormal? Or should I modify the "timed run trigger"? Revs shown in app counter should be correlative to the revs of the car? if yes, I have an issue here.
Yes the app rev must match your car rev once you are on the right gear. Just try 3°/G for the Pitch value and be sure to follow the measurement instructions above (road, phone mounting, perfect straight line...), you should get the right rev value in the app.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds